Senior Business & Sports Management student raises $1500 for charity

Business & Sports Management student, Joey Lally, raised $1,500 for the charity Cancer for College. Joey attends Roosevelt as a Career Technical student from Stow-Munroe High School. Students in Mrs. Cuva’s business class run their own printing business called RiderPrints. The students use Adobe software to create posters, fatheads, and stickers for teachers, students, and community members.  For this project, students were to design, create, and sell stickers that would raise money for a charity of their choice. Lally took this opportunity to help his friend Molly, who was diagnosed with Anaplastic Ependymoma in August of 2019. Cancer for College provides need-based college scholarships and educational experiences to cancer survivors. “I already had a sticker and design planned out for her before this competition, so when Mrs. Cuva told me about the project, I went to my parents that night and talked to my teammates the next day,” Lally said. “My Business & Sports Management program gave me this great opportunity to spread the word about her and what she stands for, and I owe a lot of what I know about Sports and Business to my awesome teachers and that program.” Lally is planning to attend Bowling Green University and major in Sports Management next spring. He is also enlisting in the national guard part-time.